Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tasty Tuesday~ A Well Stocked Pantry





 "Every house needs a storeroom, in which to keep tea, coffee, sugar, rice, candles, &c. It should be furnished with jars, having labels, a large spoon, a fork, sugar and flour-scoops, a towel, and a dish-cloth."
~ Catherine Beecher, A Treatise on Domestic Economy, 1845

  Welcome to Tasty Tuesday at Dandelion House! Your go- to spot for trying something new and healthy each week in your farm kitchen.

This weeks Tasty Tuesday feature comes from Strangers and Pilgrims On Earth homestead kitchen. Jes provides everything a homemaker needs for preparing a well stocked pantry in her 
Preparing a Well Stocked Pantry Series  

Here's a taste of what she's sharing right now.

 Ten Reasons to Prepare a Pantry
With a new growing season upon us, surely a well stocked pantry is the perfect companion to the fresh fruits and veggies that we'll be harvesting before we know it!


Here I am with my pantry that I created last year. If I look proud it's because I am! As a homemaker there's nothing better than being organized and better equipped in the kitchen and I'm always on the lookout for more great ideas and inspiration. Jes provides both in her Pantry Series! Thanks to Jes for sharing her plethora of pantry ideas with the Farmgirl Friday Blogging Community!
 Be sure to visit Jes for all of her ' back posts " on this wonderful series.

Dip into The Farmgirl Friday Recipe Box when you're looking for an old fashioned favorite or a home- cooked meal made from scratch with love. You'll find recipes from the best homestead kitchens, inspiration for setting a beautiful table with all the charm of a farmhouse kitchen PLUS tips for stocking and organizing your pantry. 591now following!

* All recipes featured here have been submitted to the ORIGINAL Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop at Deborah Jean's Dandelion House

 
 

6 comments:

JES said...

Thank you Deborah Jean for sharing our pantry posts and for the words of kindness :) Have a wonderful week! ~ JES at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth

Unknown said...

You are most welcome! Love your series... :) Thank you!

Willow said...

We have an old farm house ( you can see it in background of my current post ). It has a small area that use to be a pantry, now I am inspired to fix it up . Thanks for sharing all of this.

Unknown said...

My pleasure Willow...I love all thing pantry and I'm guessing my blog friends do too! Have fun! Deb Oh, and be sure ans post your " pantry fix-up" and share it on the hop!

Michelle said...

My pantry is part in the kitchen and part in my quilt room. I have two 5 gallon bucket in the corner of my kitchen with my bread flour and all purpose flour. My other supplies are in my quilt room because of lack of room. I am still looking for a cabinet that will fit the space in my Den ( its right off the kitchen). At least that way I'll have everything closer.

Unknown said...

Limited space was my problem too Michelle. I like having things where I can easily see it.. otherwise, it's forgotten and won't get used up! Sounds like you're getting there! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...