Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bloomin' Tuesday



It's Bloomin' Tuesday over at Ms. Green thumb jean blog spot and I'm headed over there  to show off  my Tuesday Bloomer's!  No, not those bloomers... the ones in my Garden! Come see!


There's a lot of mingling amongst the flowers in my garden right now. Hydrangea with day-lilies. I love that color combination together. I'm thinking about repeating it in a different area of the garden!


I'm not sure what the delicate purple flower is sprouting up through my Autumn Sedum Joy but it sure is pretty! It might be a weed....


The Oak Leaf Hydrangea is beginning to flower...And the




Salmon colored Cone flower, Lavender and Yarrow are coming on strong right now too!


The yellow Lady Banks Climbing Rose is an early spring bloomer and new to my garden as of this year. I sewed some nasturtium seeds in late spring camouflage the mound that I planted it in. Today, when I looked I noticed they have tiny flower buds on them! Even though they are not " officially " blooming, I just had to show you the GIANT leaves on this variety. They're like elephant ears! Maybe they like good chicken manure soil!


Hopefully I'll have some lovely blossoms to show you from them next Tuesday!


 The Bee Balm and Clover Root are still teasing me this week... not quite in bloom....





Daisy's in front of the Clover Root add a bright spot to a partially shaded area of the bed.


Potted annuals for a burst of color and some simple fresh herbs placed on the deck for easy access


This mint will be perfect in a fresh glass of homemade sun tea!


We have a few bloomer's at the Cottage too! 


These Rhododendrons were from a few weeks ago. They are just so lush and colorful I had to share them with you! 


The vibrant pink of this Lambs Ear just radiates off of the subtle gray shingles of the Cottage. 


The raised beds we added this year have tomatoes, bush beans, a cucumber bush, basil and cilantro growing in them. The galvanized tin catches rain water for easy watering. 




Well, that's it for my Tuesday bloomers this week!  I'll close this post with some window box beauty!

I hope you are enjoying your gardening this year no matter it's size or location!


 I always say, put down some roots! You'll just feel better!

To see more great blogger's bloomer's visit MsGreenthumbjeanblog.
Also linked to Homestead Barn Hop and Tuesday Garden Party at An Oregon Cottage!

PS. Feel free to Friend me on face book! I finally set one up just for Dandelion House friends! Just click the badge on my sidebar to join! 

13 comments:

Michaele said...

What a beautiful look around! I love the window box best of all, but the others are just perfect. Such neat names also.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Oh everything in your garden is so pretty! I have 'bloomin' envy! I'm still studying flowers for my region that are drought tolerant.
A garden is ever changing and growing, by this time next year I hope to have a different scenery from my front porch. In the mean time I'll enjoy looking at yours!
so pretty, Pat

Candy C. said...

I love the colors of the hydrangea with day-lilies and the colors in the window box too! Thanks for sharing your lovely gardens!

Country Gal said...

Lovely blooms and photos ! It is soo nice when all is full of color and have such wonderful scents ! Have a great day !

Jean said...

Lots of bloomin' goin' on in your garden this week! Can't wait to see the blooms to go along with the nasturtium leaves. Jean

Tracy said...

Beautiful gardens! Love the weed growing in with your sedum. Gorgeous window box

Bonnie K said...

What a beautiful tour! The window box is incredible! What a perfect combination. I want to try hydrangias. Thank you for the excellent ideas. You have a perfect garden.

Teresa said...

Everything looks so beautiful! I have to agree there is something grounding and wonderful about gardening.

Deb said...

Beautiful blooms on everything and great photography! The lambs ear you mentioned looks like rose campion that I saw on another Bloomin' Tuesday post. I think they both have those gray-ish fuzzy leaves. I could be wrong though. I planted Oak Leaf Hydrangea for the first time this year and before I could get it covered the deer nibbled about 5 leaves. :( It's covered now, and I hope it comes back and establishes itself. Loved the tour!!!

Green Bean said...

How cute your garden is! So welcoming and pretty.

Dicky Bird said...

Photos are beautiful. I really like the window box! Blessings from Wisconsin!

Becca's Dirt said...

Beautiful gardens. Love the hydrangea with the yellow lillies. Lovely eye candy.

Alana Jo said...

Gorgeous photos! I adore the raised beds. I believe they are the prettiest I have ever seen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...